[syslog-ng] disk buffer files permissions

SZIGETVÁRI János jszigetvari at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 11:54:54 UTC 2020

Hi Laci,

Why don't you monitor the output of syslog-ng-ctl stats or syslog-ng-ctl
query instead to see queued counters?
IMHO it would be easier than checking the files, which may become corrupted
and renamed, or become larger than 4KB even in cases when there are no
apparent problems. (For instance if the queue file is several GB in size,
but only holds a few KB of actual buffered data.)

Best Regards,
János
--
Janos SZIGETVARI
RHCE, License no. 150-053-692

LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/janosszigetvari

Make the switch to open (source) applications, protocols, formats now:
- windows -> Linux, iexplore -> Firefox, msoffice -> LibreOffice
- msn -> jabber protocol (Pidgin, Google Talk)
- mp3 -> ogg, wmv -> ogg, jpg -> png, doc/xls/ppt -> odt/ods/odp