[syslog-ng] Cannot send Syslog-ng to Elasticsearch

Allen Olivas allen.olivas at infodefense.com
Fri Jul 12 14:26:07 UTC 2019

Ok, I curl'd cert and key to 127.0.0.1:9200 and got:

"curl: (60) SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate
More details here: https://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html

curl failed to verify the legitimacy of the server and therefore could not
establish a secure connection to it. To learn more about this situation and
how to fix it, please visit the web page mentioned above."

The cert and key are the demo searchguard ones, esnode.pem and esnode-key.pem
Once I can wrap my head around how this is all working together, etc, I'll swap those out for legitimate certs and keys.

So that's where I stand. I think once I can resolve this part I should be good to go.