[syslog-ng] Cannot send Syslog-ng to Elasticsearch

Fabien Wernli wernli at in2p3.fr
Tue Jul 9 07:02:12 UTC 2019

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 08, 2019 at 09:22:51PM +0000, Allen Olivas wrote:
> For issue 1 I'm not sure what to do or how to resolve it. For issue 2, I know for certain libjvm does exist, and I've mapped the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the directory libjvm.so resides in.

Please be aware that passing environment variables to daemons can be tricky
(no I won't rant on systemd), can you check if it's set for syslog-ng
(assuming linux here) by checking /proc/<pid of syslog-ng>/environ ?

You could also run syslog-ng in the foreground to see more output `syslog-ng -Fdv'

Cheers