[syslog-ng] Regex Irregularities

Evan Rempel erempel at uvic.ca
Fri Feb 8 16:24:43 UTC 2019

When using regular expressions that include the \ character (and perhaps others) they need to be in single quotes, not double quotes.

Also, the dates of the form  Feb 8 10:11:54" often have a leading space on the day, so that your regex really needs to be '^\w+\s+\d+' to match both
Feb  9 10:11:54
Feb 19 10:11:54

Not sure if that was your case, but it is a safer regex to cover such cases.

I cant speak to why the space gets eaten in your '8 09:55:54 CST: ' example.

Evan.