[syslog-ng] syslong_ng and bind9

Scheidler, Balázs balazs.scheidler at oneidentity.com
Sat Oct 6 10:42:32 UTC 2018

Hi,

There's no facility code for named, basically the list of facility codes
have been frozen for 30 years, so really not up to the task.

That syslog-ng.conf file could be simplified a lot, if you don't require so
many log files, I'd recommend something simple like this:

```

@version: 3.17

source s_local {
  system();
};

log {
  source(s_local);
  destination { file("/var/log/syslog"); };
};

```

And start adding your custom rules from here.

The named process can be matched easily with this filter expression:

```
filter f_named { program("named"); };
```

No need to use facility codes, the program name is enough.