[syslog-ng] syslong_ng and bind9

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Fri Oct 5 04:45:56 UTC 2018

Hello

I am trying to log named to syslog_ng and it is not set up by default on
arch or artex.

I set up named for logging, I think

logging {
        category default { log_syslog; };
        channel log_syslog { syslog; };
};

in the config file for syslog_ng I had added

destination d_mail { file("/var/log/mail.log"); };
destination d_named { file("/var/log/named.log"); };
destination d_news { file("/var/log/news.log"); };

I am looking at filters and have no idea what to do

filter f_auth { facility(auth); };
filter f_authpriv { facility(auth, authpriv); };
filter f_syslog { program(syslog-ng); };
filter f_cron { facility(cron); };
filter f_daemon { facility(daemon); };
filter f_kernel { facility(kern) and not filter(f_iptables); };
filter f_lpr { facility(lpr); };
filter f_mail { facility(mail); };
filter f_news { facility(news); };
filter f_user { facility(user); };
filter f_uucp { facility(uucp); };
filter f_ppp { facility(local2); };
filter f_debug { not facility(auth, authpriv, news, mail); };
filter f_messages { level(info..warn) and not facility(auth, authpriv,
mail, news, cron) and not program(syslog-ng) and not filter(f_iptables); };
filter f_everything { level(debug..emerg) and not facility(auth,
authpriv); };
filter f_emergency { level(emerg); };
filter f_info { level(info); };
filter f_notice { level(notice); };
filter f_warn { level(warn); };
filter f_crit { level(crit); };
filter f_err { level(err); };
filter f_iptables { match("IN=" value("MESSAGE")) and match("OUT="
value("MESSAGE")); };
filter f_acpid { program("acpid"); };

I don't know if there is a built in facilty for named.  The docs for the
server and very detailed and rich, and overwhelming.

Ruben

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.brooklyn-living.com