[syslog-ng] Verifying local logs and remote logs are being sent to destination graylog

PÁSZTOR György pasztor at linux.gyakg.u-szeged.hu
Thu Nov 8 22:13:43 UTC 2018

Hi,

"Rodney Bizzell" <hardworker30 at gmail.com> írta 2018-11-08 10:45-kor:
> For some reason  when I run this command  syslog-ng-debun -d -P 'port
> 12201' I get command not found  has the syntax change for syslog-ng version
> 3.5. I was successful running this command
>  syslog-ng -e -F -d -v -u -b -p 'port 12201'. Looking at the documentation
> and it does show that command above should work.  I am running this on
> Centos 7

The syslog-ng-debun is in the contrib directory.
If you have 3.5, it's highly possible that it wasn't even part of the
pack then.
As far as I see, 3.5 is ~5 years old.
The first versions of debug-bundle generator was added to the git repo,...
Well, I don't remember but it's sure that it's less then 5 years.

I suggest to download the latest version, then put that to a directory
which is in your path. eg, run this two command first:

wget -O /usr/local/sbin/syslog-ng-debun https://raw.githubusercontent.com/balabit/syslog-ng/master/contrib/syslog-ng-debun
chmod +x /usr/local/sbin/syslog-ng-debun

Regards,
Gyu