[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 3.15.1 on solaris

PÁSZTOR György pasztor at linux.gyakg.u-szeged.hu
Thu May 31 18:43:00 UTC 2018

Hi,

I haven't tried yet.
I want to do this. Well, Not exactly for Solaris, but OmniOS. Later.
When I have some kind of CI/CD infra at home.
No one likes to do things manually.
Before I'd do that, I need a lot of other things, so this personal project
is stalled for another couple of months.

Until then, If you need some kind of quick wins, I found this:
https://www.opencsw.org/packages/CSWsyslog-ng/
Well, I know it's syslog-ng 3.6.2. But At least a starting point. What I
would do: I'd try to re-build 3.6.2 on my own using the same building
architecture and environment what opencsw uses.
When I have the infra to build 3.6.2 in a reliable way, I'd try to throw in
3.15 into that. If not works, then I'd try to bisect and find the change
what brokes the building. When I found that -> fix. Profit.

HTH,
Gyu