[syslog-ng] exclude empty pairs from json-parser()

Nik Ambrosch nik at ambrosch.com
Wed May 23 17:32:08 UTC 2018

My application was sending empty pairs which would be passed on through
syslog-ng.

The first idea was having syslog-ng turn { "key1":"val1", "key2":"" } into
{ "key1":"val1" }

Instead i've modified my service to validate every field before encoding
the json string so it never sends empty fields to begin with.  This solves
the issue with my application but there may still be a use case for other
applications where app-side validation is not an option.