[syslog-ng] Trouble configuring elasticsearch2 destination

Szemere, László laszlo.szemere at balabit.com
Thu Jul 5 13:20:50 UTC 2018

Hello,
 I successfully reproduced the crash with your configuration. The problem
was in the *padding* template function, and has nothing to do with the
earlier java problems.
 If you intended to use the default (space) character for padding, you
don't have to provide the third argument to the function. (Or provide the
space character explicitly: *'' -> ' '*)

 The problem exist, because in the padding function we divide with the
length of the provided padding string

https://github.com/balabit/syslog-ng/blob/aa88bba2a9158fb6401bc260e0a58d7784c7bab4/modules/basicfuncs/str-funcs.c#L425

 I will create a pull request to correct it.

Br,
Laci