[syslog-ng] syslog-ng.com upgrade

Gergely Bodnár gergely.bodnar at balabit.com
Mon Jul 2 14:02:34 UTC 2018

Dear syslog-ng users,

As you are likely aware, Balabit is now part of One Identity, and on July
1, we reached a major milestone in our integration schedule: we
successfully closed the migration for most of our business systems and
applications. While many of these are back office related and thus
invisible to our open source users and customers, the syslog-ng.com website
also received a major infrastructure upgrade.

While the product pages look roughly the same as the old ones, you will
notice a big difference when navigating to the technical documentation.

- A new look and feel, in accordance with the broader Quest support portal.
- The older syslog-ng Open Source Edition documentation (prior 3.16) is
available only in PDF format.
- Going forward, only multi-page HTML and PDF versions will be available of
the Administrator' Guide. Single page guides are no longer offered.
- The Debian Jessie repository of Open Source Edition is currently down.
The past couple months showed us that there is real interest from the
community for official repositories, and in the future, we would like to
expand on our previous offer with more operating systems supported.
However, we currently do not have an exact timeline to share with you.

As with all migrations of this scale, there ought to be bugs surfacing in
the coming days and weeks. We kindly ask you to report them by replying to
this email, and we will do our best to fix them as our time permits.

I would also take the opportunity and reassure you that syslog-ng Open
Source Edition is here to stay, with the level of enthusiasm from our
developers and technical writers that has been the hallmark of syslog-ng
OSE for more than a decade.

Regards,
Gergely Bodnar
--

*Gergely Bodnar* | syslog-ng Product Owner
gergely.bodnar at balabit.com
follow Balabit on: web <http://go.balabit.com/F9ZZ500bh0U013LX000VAE5> |
blog <http://go.balabit.com/VZZi000AL90V300U55X1cE0> | linkedin
<http://go.balabit.com/CZ100j0d50LU0EAZ3X09V05>| facebook
<http://go.balabit.com/I090eUZ0551kEA3X0L0ZV00> | twitter
<http://go.balabit.com/c0503X1U05EZ09AVl0ZfL00>

*© BalaBit Corp.* Weiser Mazars 135 West 50th Street New York, NY 10020 USA