[syslog-ng] RHEL 6 / CentOS 6 packages

Peter Eckel lists at eckel-edv.de
Thu Jan 18 10:58:27 UTC 2018

Hi Peter,

> My experience was until recently that RHEL 7 is use on about 3x more machines than RHEL 6.

there is some adoption of EL7, but it is still fairly sluggish even after more than two years. RHEL customers tend to be rather conservative ... I still see EL5 systems in customer installations, though after that one going out of support they are finally disappearing now (Python 2.4, yuck!).

> Anyway, I hope you find my packages useful!

absolutely! I used to build RPMs myself for a while until I found yours, so they are really a big help!

Cheers,

  Peter.