[syslog-ng] Syslog 3.5 (pipe file issue)

Szemere, László laszlo.szemere at balabit.com
Fri Oct 27 13:46:18 UTC 2017

Hello Jitesh,

 I am afraid I can not clearly understand your problem. Since OSE 3.0.2, a
named pipe destination creates a new pipe object automatically with the
predefined filename. (
https://www.balabit.com/documents/syslog-ng-ose-3.11-guides/en/syslog-ng-ose-guide-admin/html-single/index.html#configuring-destinations-pipe
)

 For me, this is the expected behavior of named pipes (man page:
http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man1/mkfifo.1.html further information on
level 3: http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man3/mkfifo.3.html). Please try to
rephrase your question, to give us more understanding about your use case.

Br,
Laci