[syslog-ng] Syslog 3.5 (pipe file issue)

Amin, Jitesh CTR (US) jitesh.amin.ctr at mail.mil
Fri Oct 27 12:42:07 UTC 2017

Hi,
We have the syslog-ng 3.5 installed on Linux OS. We are trying to use the pipe function (to pipe data to the log file). This pipe file is FIFO.

One of the issues we are seeing is that, the file size of this pipe file is always ZERO and never grows and second the timestampe on the file never updates or changes.

Though when we do a "cat pipefilename" command we do see contents of the file.

Can you please let us know what we could be doing wrong or any feedback on how to resolve the issue?

Thanks
Jitesh