[syslog-ng] Cross-compiling syslog-ng 3.11.1 for an embedded application.

Sandor Geller sandor.geller at ericsson.com
Wed Oct 4 15:32:23 UTC 2017

Hello,

The scripts generated by libtool aren't part of the final delivery. The
executables in .libs/ will get installed during 'make install' into
their final destination and then libtool will (re)link executables
against the freshly installed libraries. This is why a successful 'make
install' is needed and then the result could get copied to the target host.

gmake compares timestamps of source and compiled files to track
dependencies so if there was a change after the build process then
reconfigure / rebuild gets triggered - this should get avoided but it is
more or less impossible to guess what happened on your system after
running make... For example many years ago I had issues with certain
filesystems not storing fractions of seconds so timestamps were rounded
to seconds and comparision became a bit stochastic...

Regards,

Sandor