[syslog-ng] rpm to do upgrade on isolated network centos6 server?

craig bowser reswob10 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 15:17:29 UTC 2017

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I have not yet found a reference
or faq so if someone can point me there, I'd appreciate it...

After some googling and searching the email list history, I have not found
a way to download the actual rpm for syslog-ng so I can burn it to disc and
install it on a server on an isolated network.

The page below indicates that getting actual rpm files only come with the
commercial version and other than that you need to download from the repo?

https://www.balabit.com/blog/rpm-packages-from-syslog-ng-git-head/

Also, I didn't see any current rpms on on rpmfind.net for centOS6.....

So I assume I have to download the source, move it over, then install from
that source?

If that's the case, is there a list of other dependencies I need?

Did I miss a link or instruction?

Thanks.

Craig L Bowser

This email is measured by size.  Bits and bytes may have settled during
transport.