[syslog-ng] CentOS 7.2 // Syslog-ng (syslog-ng_3.6.4)

PÁSZTOR György pasztor at linux.gyakg.u-szeged.hu
Tue Jan 10 22:59:08 UTC 2017

Hi all,

"SZIGETVÁRI János" <jszigetvari at gmail.com> írta 2017-01-10 09:00-kor:
> What do you think, could it be possible, that by default, the source
> install puts the everything except the config files, under /usr/local.
> I think, it might be possible that the systemd unit file is referencing
> syslog-ng by its absolute path, and the binary is simply not there, where
> systemd expects it.
> IMO it would be a good idea to check for this.

As Fabien already asked it: the key for the problem can be in the systemd
unit file.
An important message from the pasted log: The last message was a sign of
that, that it started successfully. Since it was called with -F, it remains
in the foreground.
May I assume, that ha was not so experienced to recognise this fact, so
pressed a ctrl-c, and assumed the problem still exists.

However the only problem is systemd. And it's improper unit file.

But that is a guess also. We should see that unit file, what Fabien already
asked.

Btw.: It would be a good idea, to collect the unit file in the debug bundle
generator! ;-)

Cheers,
Gyu