[syslog-ng] Syslog-ng, centos7 and systemd seem to hate each other

Fabien Wernli wernli at in2p3.fr
Mon Feb 13 14:54:20 UTC 2017

On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 09:32:21PM +0000, Clayton Dukes wrote:
> If I do a 'systemctl stop syslog-ng' and then just simply type 'syslog-ng' (no foreground, debug, etc. switches) from the command line, it works fine.
> Rather confusing, but I can't see why the systemctl file is not working as it should.
> Any ideas?

try this: in a terminal run `journalctl -f` as root.
In another terminal, run `systemctl start syslog-ng`.

If you don't see anything useful on the journalctl terminal, try increasing
the verbosity of syslog-ng (either by editing `/etc/sysconfig/syslog-ng`,
or by modifying
`/lib/systemd/system/syslog-ng.service` and running `systemctl daemon-reload`).