[syslog-ng] Syslog-ng, centos7 and systemd seem to hate each other

Clayton Dukes cdukes at logzilla.net
Mon Feb 13 12:32:12 UTC 2017

Thanks, I'll have them try this!
Odd that none of our test servers are exhibiting this behavior though.

From: syslog-ng <syslog-ng-bounces at lists.balabit.hu> on behalf of Damian Bell <Damian.Bell at clarksons.com>
Date: Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 10:47 AM
Subject: Re: [syslog-ng] Syslog-ng, centos7 and systemd seem to hate each other

I had a similar problem recently with the java environment variable with systemd and starting syslog-ng to output to elasticsearch, which required modification of the /usr/lib/systemd/system/syslog-ng.service file to contain the following:-

Environment=LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/java/jre1.8.0_112/lib/amd64/server

Perhaps your python environment variables also need exporting to this file?

Damian Bell
Infrastructure Engineer | Support | H Clarkson & Co Ltd