[syslog-ng] RFC: incubator is to be discontinued

Szalai, Attila Attila.Szalai at morganstanley.com
Thu Aug 3 09:55:34 UTC 2017

There is a popularity chart for debian packages:
https://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=syslog-ng-incubator

Of course it only shows how many computers it is installed to and does not means that the module is also in actively used. But because these modules should be installed by hand, a significant correlation should be there.

So, it shows, that the most popular package amongst the debian users is the perl package. The kafka module and the syslog-ng-mod-basicfuncs-plus package is in the second most installed part of the incubator.

The grok package and the zmq package has not installed (reported to be installed) at all.