[syslog-ng] UDP devices stop logging after network services restart.

Vincenti Francesco Francesco.Vincenti at acciaiterni.it
Tue Aug 1 07:29:40 UTC 2017

Dear Janos
I already sent an email with the data you requested that is under analysis from your moderators because it is too big.
Anyway, every NIC has a number of dropped RX packages but either their number and their daily growth is not big enough to explain the amount of data lost.
Further, netstat -su shows, under UDP, 1 packet receive errors only.
I'm going to switch UDP devices again to log on not-working NIC (ens35 according data I've sent to you) to verify how many packages are lost in this case and I'll inform you about the results.

Cheers

Francesco Vincenti
RHCSA Area Data Center Open Source, Quality and Security
Aspasiel Divisione della Società
Acciai Speciali Terni S.p.A. con Unico Socio
Strada di Pentima, 3 - 05100 Terni
francesco.vincenti at acciaiterni.it<mailto:francesco.vincenti at acciaiterni.it>
www.aspasiel.it<http://www.aspasiel.it/>
Ufficio:   +39 0744 203224
Fax:  +39 0744 203444

This e-mail and any attachments is a confidential correspondence intended only for use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient or the agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the error at the following email address: helpdesk at aspasiel.it<mailto:helpdesk at aspasiel.it> or at Aspasiel Helpdesk Team by phone (phone number +390744203555), and then delete this message from your system.
P Please consider our environment and think before you print. Thank you! q