[syslog-ng] disk based buffering

Scheidler, Balázs balazs.scheidler at balabit.com
Wed Sep 28 12:47:42 CEST 2016

log-qout-size() controls the size of the memory queue that sits next to the
disk buffer, and it defaults to 64 elements. However it shouldn't apply to
reliable disk buffers (e.g. reliable() setting), because in that case
everything touches the disk before syslog-ng would be sending them on.

Obviously reliable(yes) is a lot slower.