[syslog-ng] AMQP Module not present?

Thomas Polliard thomas.polliard at jmfamily.com
Wed Oct 19 21:24:34 UTC 2016

The documentation seems to imply that the amqp driver should be available
in the OSE version of syslog.

I am running on a RHEL 7 systems with syslog-ng installed from EPEL.

syslog-ng.x86_64               3.5.6-3.el7      @epel
syslog-ng-devel.x86_64         3.5.6-3.el7      epel
syslog-ng-geoip.x86_64         3.5.6-3.el7      epel
syslog-ng-json.x86_64          3.5.6-3.el7      epel
syslog-ng-libdbi.x86_64        3.5.6-3.el7      epel
syslog-ng-mongodb.x86_64       3.5.6-3.el7      epel
syslog-ng-redis.x86_64         3.5.6-3.el7      epel
syslog-ng-smtp.x86_64          3.5.6-3.el7      epel

When I try and load the amqp driver I get
Error parsing destination, destination plugin amqp not found in
/etc/syslog-ng/conf.d/51-ampq.conf at line 3, column 2:
                                                  included from
/etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.conf line 68, column 1

        amqp(
        ^^^^
Any help would be appreciated.  I am assuming I am either, missing a
package that I should have installed or there is some missing information
in the documentation.

The document I was reading was

https://www.balabit.com/documents/syslog-ng-ose-latest-guides/en/syslog-ng-ose-guide-admin/html/chapter-destinations.html

Thanks again

--
*Thomas J. Polliard*

This e-mail transmission contains information intended only for the use of
the recipient(s) named above. Further, it contains information that may be
privileged and confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of
this message (including any attachments) is strictly prohibited.  If you
have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply
e-mail and then delete this message from your mail system. Thank you for
your compliance.