[syslog-ng] [GSOC]Some questions about the project:WebSocket for syslog-ng

Fabien Wernli wernli at in2p3.fr
Wed Mar 16 15:25:39 CET 2016

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 08:31:47AM +0800, Yilin Li wrote:
> 1) WebSocket support two-way communication. However, I found only one-way
> communication will be used in the project Idea. If this destination will be
> used for alerting, what are the advantages of using Websocket? Is it mainly
> for supporting another new protocol or better performance of WebSocket ?

As I previously said [1] I think it would be great to have a subscription
mechanism, so the client would sent its filter definition (e.g.
`program(sshd)`) and the destination would send it the logs that match this
filter.

But maybe this is out of scope?

[1] https://lists.balabit.hu/pipermail/syslog-ng/2016-February/022686.html