[syslog-ng] NG License Usage

Schoonover, Mark E HHHH Mark.Schoonover at Cigna.com
Thu Mar 10 00:48:27 CET 2016

Figured it out:

/path/to/syslog-ng/sbin/syslog-ng-ctl show-license-info . Third line in output: Currently-Used-Slots.

Regards,

Mark Schoonover
Infrastructure Engineering Manager
ENE   : Tools, Instrumentation and Common Services Team
Office: 32.8697° N, 116.9711° W
Phone : 770-261-7934
Email : mark.schoonover at cigna.com<mailto:mark.schoonover at cigna.com>
Confidential, unpublished property of Cigna Health & Life Insurance Co.. Do not duplicate or distribute. Use and distribution limited solely to authorized personnel. ©2016 CIGNA.

From: syslog-ng-bounces at lists.balabit.hu [mailto:syslog-ng-bounces at lists.balabit.hu] On Behalf Of Schoonover, Mark E HHHH
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2016 3:04 PM
To: Syslog-ng users' and developers' mailing list
Subject: [syslog-ng] NG License Usage

Thanks for reading,

We had an issue today where a flood of new devices far exceeded our license count. Is there a way to monitor how many licenses are in use? We'd like to set up an alert to let us know we're close to running out of licenses.

Thanks!

Regards,

Mark Schoonover
Infrastructure Engineering Manager
ENE   : Tools, Instrumentation and Common Services Team
Office: 32.8697° N, 116.9711° W
Phone : 770-261-7934
Email : mark.schoonover at cigna.com<mailto:mark.schoonover at cigna.com>

Confidential, unpublished property of Cigna Health & Life Insurance Co.. Do not duplicate or distribute. Use and distribution limited solely to authorized personnel. ©2016 CIGNA.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: If you have received this email in error,
please immediately notify the sender by e-mail at the address shown.
This email transmission may contain confidential information.  This
information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity to
whom it is intended even if addressed incorrectly.  Please delete it from
your files if you are not the intended recipient.  Thank you for your
compliance.  Copyright (c) 2016 Cigna