[syslog-ng] removing old versions of syslog-ng

Scheidler, Balázs balazs.scheidler at balabit.com
Tue Mar 8 22:58:48 CET 2016

Hi,

It might be more of a support question (just submit a ticket if you want to
contact them), as this list is primarily discussing with the open source
version.

Regarding your question, I am not using the PE version but upgrading OSE to
PE is usually like about changing the init scripts and making sure that the
PE version starts after boot. There's really no data to migrate especially
in a relay mode.

How were those syslog-ng versions deployed? Installed from source or a
package?

Again, I was only trying to give some hints here, in the hope it'll be
useful.