[syslog-ng] [GSoC'16] Love to hack on syslog-ng

Ankush Sharma ankush.sharma.ece12 at iitbhu.ac.in
Fri Mar 4 14:57:51 CET 2016

Hello all,

I am Ankush Sharma from India, a fourth year undergraduate at
IIT-BHU,Varanasi, India. I am a Python aficionado and a die hard Linux fan.
I love to spent my time automating things on the web. Also, I am
comfortable at JavaScript, C and many other programming languages.

I contributed to *GNU-Mailman* during *GSoC'15*. I also delivered a talk at
PyCon India 2014 about *powering apps with gesture control using python
programming language **[1]**.  *As an open source enthusiast, I regularly
contribute to open source projects; here is my Github portfolio link
<http://github.com/black-perl>. I have multiple projects and internship
experiences, here is my LinkedIn handle
<https://in.linkedin.com/in/ankushsharma003>.

I found the two projects of strong interest :
1) Automated release generation for syslog-ng
2) syslog-ng configuration editor

I automated the development setup of Mailman for new comers through a script
<https://github.com/black-perl/mmdev_bootstrap>. So, the idea of automation
of release generation is of particular interest to me. Also, I have good
experience of working with Django, Flask, Express.js and other web
frameworks, so the idea of having a web based configuration editor suits me
too ;)

Currently, I am going through the codebase and the issues. I have noticed a
few things but it would be better to go through the whole architecture,
docs and archives before pointing them out. Looking forward to contribute
to syslog-ng through this year's GSOC program.

Ankush Sharma
ECE IV
IIT-BHU
Varanasi-221005
GITHUB : github.com/black-perl
BLOG : http://black-perl.in
Linkedin

[1]
in.pycon.org/funnel/2014/208-python-the-eyes-of-real-world-computer-applications