[syslog-ng] Switching the syslog-ng central server - client messages go missing

Scheidler, Balázs balazs.scheidler at balabit.com
Thu Apr 21 11:32:50 CEST 2016

hmm... couple of things come to mind, not all syslog-ng related:

1) are those messages actually arriving on the host (check with tcpdump)
2) is the local firewall letting them through?
3) is syslog-ng bound to a specific ip/port or it is bound to 0.0.0.0?
(check that with netstat)
4) you should be able to use telnet/netcat on the client host to check if
the port on the solaris11 box is open
5) if all else fails, check the syslog-ng config, but that shouldn't be a
problem