[syslog-ng] Switching the syslog-ng central server - client messages go missing

Cottington-Bray, Ian ian.cottington-bray at mclaren.com
Wed Apr 20 16:51:27 CEST 2016

Hi

I have a Solaris 10 server running version 3.0 of syslog-ng.

I have built a new server running Solaris 11 with version 3.6 of syslog-ng installed.

I have tested the new server by pointing another client at it and messages appear in the configured files as expected.

I then shut down the Solaris 10 server - change the Solaris 11 server IP configuration to match the details for the Solaris 10 server - restart syslog-ng on the Solaris 11 server.    Things seem to be working ok - except for the (Solaris and Linux) clients using syslog-ng (and referencing the central syslog-ng server by IP) their messages do not arrive at the expected files.

Any suggestions ?

Ian

Ian Cottington-Bray  | Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Linux/Unix | McLaren Technology Group Limited
McLaren Technology Centre, Chertsey Road, Woking, Surrey GU21 4YH, UK

T:  +44 (0) 1483 261 900
D:  +44 (0) 1483 262 357
E:  ian.cottington-bray at mclaren.com
W: www.mclaren.com<http://www.mclaren.com/>

The contents of this e-mail are confidential and for the exclusive use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient you should not read, copy, retransmit or disclose its contents. If you have received this email in error please delete it from your system immediately and notify us either by email or telephone. The views expressed in this communication may not necessarily be the views held by McLaren Technology Group Limited.
 McLaren Technology Group Limited | McLaren Technology Centre | Chertsey Road | Woking | Surrey | GU21 4YH | UK | Company Number: 01967715