[syslog-ng] Syslog ng and Mysql

Balazs Scheidler bazsi77 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 08:57:43 CEST 2015

Hi,

It is possible but note that there are performance limitations with using
MySQL especially if you want to keep data for long term storage.

You may want to check one of the nosql solutions (mongo for instance).

If you want to stick to single box solutions, you might want to look into
syslog-ng Store Box (note it is commercial) that indexes data at pretty
high speeds but as of now is not scalable horizontally, but works out of
the box for your usecase.

Bazsi