[syslog-ng] Stats missing from remote sources in syslog-ng 3.5?

Pradeep Sanders psanders at ultraviolet.us
Mon Mar 30 20:22:10 CEST 2015

Hello, I'm seeing a similar problem to what was reported here:

http://communities.balabit.com/balabit/topics/stats-from-syslog-remote-sources <http://communities.balabit.com/balabit/topics/stats-from-syslog-remote-sources>

I'm trying to upgrade from the RHEL 6 default 3.2 version to 3.5 or 3.6, in order to enable threaded support. I've tried a 3.6 build from the following location:

https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/czanik/syslog-ng36epel6/epel-6-x86_64/ <https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/czanik/syslog-ng36epel6/epel-6-x86_64/>

However, this build consumes all my host memory (48GB) in a matter of hours before starting on swap space.

I've tried a 3.5.4 and a 3.5.6 package but both of them exhibit the same issue, with remote sources not reported in "syslog-ng-ctl stats".

Does anyone have any advice on how I might fix the stats for remote sources in 3.5?

Thanks,

-Pradeep