[syslog-ng] Upcoming changes in unofficial packaging

Gergely Nagy algernon at madhouse-project.org
Mon Feb 23 09:26:22 CET 2015

    Valentijn> Hi Gergely, hello list,
    Valentijn> It was only after applying voodoo to debian/rules for a whole day that I
    Valentijn> read your message below:

    Valentijn> On 11/05/14 08:03, Gergely Nagy wrote:
    >> I started packaging syslog-ng 3.6.1 for Debian and Ubuntu, to provide
    Valentijn> [...]
    >> I expect packages to be ready in a few days.

    Valentijn> ... but then I was unable to find the syslog-ng 3.6 packages. Did
    Valentijn> anything go wrong compiling them? Are there any 3.6 Debian or Ubuntu
    Valentijn> packages available?

    Valentijn> I would like to use 3.6 on Ubuntu because I'm still using the wonderful
    Valentijn> log file parsing in syslog-ng to add malicious hosts to my firewall's
    Valentijn> xt_recent table, and syslog-ng has the "pseudofile()" destination.

The unofficial 3.6 packages weren't completed. The source is ready[1],
and it can be built on recent Debian and Ubuntu systems, but I never got
around to compile the pre-built packages. I'd suggest grabbing the
debianised sources, and compiling it yourself - it doesn't take all that
much.

 [1]: https://github.com/algernon/syslog-ng-debian