[syslog-ng] couple questions - geoip and also list archives

jrhendri at roadrunner.com jrhendri at roadrunner.com
Fri Feb 20 19:52:19 CET 2015

Hi,

  I would like to understand how the geoip module works, but cannot find any documentation (or really - any relevant source code so far).

  I assume it must use some downloaded database (or else it would seem like it would kill a local resolver) but cannot find anything describing it.

  Is anyone using it in reasonably high-performance environments? (like 5000+ events per second)

  Also, as I was looking for info, I cannot access the lists.balabit.hu archives (maybe I am *way* behind time, is this still maintained anywhere?)

Thanks!
Jim