[syslog-ng] Individual Logs Files to each Forward to Different server/port?

wiskbroom at hotmail.com wiskbroom at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 5 23:42:15 CEST 2014

Greetings!

Is is possible to configure a syslog-ng client to forward logs to a syslog-ng server based on file?

I am thinking of the following as an example:

destination named-LOGS {

udp(ip(192.168.1.100) port(555));

};

source named {

file("/var/log/named/bind.log" log_prefix("BIND-LOGS"));

};

log {

source(named);

destination(named-LOGS);

};

destination dhcpd-LOGS {

udp(ip(192.168.1.100) port(556));

};

source dhcpd {

file("/var/log/dhcpd/dhcp.log" log_prefix("DHCPD-LOGS"));

};

log {

source(dhcpd);

destination(dhcpd-LOGS);

};

In this example, I am sending each to the same destination IP address, although that is configurable, but each log file to a different port, and with a different log_prefix as well.

Does this OK,or is their a simpler way?

Many thanks,

.vp

    Vadim Anatoly Pushkin