[syslog-ng] High availabilty configuration

Evan Rempel erempel at uvic.ca
Sat Mar 8 16:32:29 CET 2014

Isn't failover a feature of the Professional Edition?

We chose to run two syslog servers receiving the full syslog stream from
all hosts.
If one goes down, the stream is available o nthe other.

As Balazs states, merging the logs back together is difficult, so we
don't do that. During log review, we just look in both logs.

Evan.