[syslog-ng] GSoC - ZMQ transport

Laci Mészáros lacienator at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 18:15:09 CET 2014

Hello,
I am Laszlo Meszaros a student at Szechenyi Istvan University, studying
Software Engineering.I have read the GSoC idea list and "ZMQ transport"
idea. I think it is a good idea either it is source, destination, transport
or all of them. There are use cases when people can use that to make their
everyday job easier. (e.g.: salt monitoring, to build scaled systems, or in
case of zmq transport use multiple syslog-ng on different nodes)I hope I
have most of the skills that is necessary for that, but not all of them. I
would like to gather the missing ones during GSoC. (e.g.: I know syslog-ng
code base on a basic level, but I would like to get deeper knowledge.) I
have programming knowledge in python, C and very minimal in unix shell
which I think are enough to complete the project during the summer. So I
would like to participate to GSoC as student who undertake to solve ZMQ
transport idea.

Best Regards,
Laci