[syslog-ng] Problem with mongodb

Peter Czanik czanik at balabit.hu
Wed Jul 30 19:32:32 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 07/30/2014 06:45 PM, DeeKaeOne wrote:
> I have a fresh CentOS 7 minimal installation and enabled the EPEL 7 repo. Then installed syslog-ng and syslog-dbi in the following versions:
syslog-ng-dbi is only for SQL destinations (mysql and pgsql)

> Am I missing something or is that rpm compiled without mongodb support?
I released the syslog-ng EPEL7 package just last week, and without
MongoDB support:
https://czanik.blogs.balabit.com/2014/07/epel-7-now-contains-syslog-ng/
I'm working on adding mongodb support to EPEL7 syslog-ng, but most
likely it will take a few weeks.

If you need MongodDB support now, you should rebuild the source package
(
http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/beta/7/SRPMS/syslog-ng-3.5.5-1.el7.src.rpm
) with the bundled libmongo-client. This is prohibited by the Fedora /
EPEL packaging guidelines, so for the official EPEL7 package we have to
wait, until libmong-client arrives to EPEL7. You can use mock to build a
source and binary rpms.

Bye,

--
Peter Czanik (CzP) <peter.czanik at balabit.com>
BalaBit IT Security / syslog-ng upstream