[syslog-ng] syslog driver parse bug?

Peter Czanik czanik at balabit.hu
Tue Jul 22 21:17:11 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 07/22/2014 08:43 PM, John Cole wrote:
> Thanks Gergely -- your diff worked plenty clean here.
>
> Perhaps we can get it into the EPEL flow...  I note Jose Pedro Oliveira seems to be pretty active for syslog-ng on Fedora/EPEL space.  In fact, for EPEL6, he has bug 871960 listed for more recent version inclusion.   Jose, if you're out there, I'm guessing you've moved as your machine/email appear invalid.  If you're the official/unofficial EPEL maintainer, can you assist in getting this into a EPEL build for EL6 as it's a defect in functionality vs feature development?
I'm one of the syslog-ng Fedora/EPEL maintainers, still trying to get
familiar with the work-flow & and packaging guidelines. I already
consulted the other syslog-ng maintainers about this patch and expecting
an answer soon. If I get a go ahead, I'll try to update the package
ASAP. Don't expect quick results, it takes considerable time (AFAIK 2+
weeks), before updated packages show up in EPEL.

Don't expect syslog-ng 3.5 to show up in EPEL6, it's against policy
(major version update which also makes configuration file editing
necessary). I could try to provide a 3.5 package for EL 6 in Copr
(Fedora build service) next week, if time permits.

syslog-ng 3.5.4.1 is already available in EPEL7, 3.5.5 is expected to
arrive tomorrow.

Bye,

--
Peter Czanik (CzP) <peter.czanik at balabit.com>
BalaBit IT Security / syslog-ng upstream