[syslog-ng] Per-destination log_msg_size?

David Schweikert david at schweikert.ch
Wed Feb 19 08:10:18 CET 2014

Hi,

We have some setups where we want to have a large log_msg_size, but need
to send some logs to an external party which only can handle standard
BSD syslog messages with a maximum size of 1024 bytes.

Question: would it be possible to add a per-destination log-msg-size to
truncate the messages on a per-destination basis? I think that it would
be very useful. Something like:

destination d_remote { udp("192.168.65.10" port(514) log_msg_size(1024)); };

Do you find it a good idea and is there any chance that this might be
implemented?

Thanks
David