[syslog-ng] flags(final) in version 3.4

Gergely Nagy algernon at balabit.hu
Fri Mar 22 10:43:20 CET 2013

Peter Czanik <czanik at balabit.hu> writes:

> On 03/14/2013 09:44 AM, Balazs Scheidler wrote:
>>
>> yup, you can find the patch reference in bugzilla, but it also got
>> integrated to mainline, github.com/balabit/syslog-ng-3.4 that is.
>>
>> the fix is quite recent, so you can cherry-pick it yourself, but
>> Algernon had nightly builds for a number of platforms on
>> madhouse.org

It's actually packages.madhouse-project.org, and
http://packages.madhouse-project.org/syslog-ng/3.4/syslog-ng-3.4-HEAD.tar.gz
is always going to point to the latest git master of syslog-ng 3.4
(tarballs are generated once a day around midnight +01:00).

> As I already wrote Algernon directly: the cherry-picked patches or git
> head currently does not seem to work on openSUSE 12.3. syslog-ng
> segfaults. Please let us know, if your platform is also affected (and
> send your config in that case). "bt full" on openSUSE looks like:

I finally had time to research the issue, and found the problem, it's
already fixed on 3.4's master (3.3 is not affected, nor is 3.5, the bug
was introduced by one of the patches that were applied after 3.4.1, but
before 3.5 was branched off).