[syslog-ng] syslog-ng Insider - March 2013

Peter Czanik czanik at balabit.hu
Thu Mar 14 14:37:27 CET 2013

Dear syslog-ng users,

This is the 22th issue of the syslog-ng Insider, a monthly newsletter
that brings you syslog-ng related news.

Your feedback and news tips about the next issue is welcome at
documentation at balabit.com <mailto:documentation at balabit.com>

FEATURED NEWS

Video: networking scenarios and filters

---------------------------------------

There is a video series in the work to introduce the basics of
syslog-ng. The third video is online now, which explains networking
scenarios and filters. You can watch it at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR3t7p04GUI

Masking credit card numbers in log messages with syslog-ng

Compliance with different regulations is becoming more and more
important recently also in logging. One of these, PCI-DSS requires
credit card numbers to be masked in logs. Our CTO describes, how it can
be achieved using the freshly released syslog-ng 3.4 at
http://marci.blogs.balabit.com/2013/02/masking-credit-card-numbers-in-log-messages-with-syslog-ng/

Brand new syslog-ng Superhero T-shirt available

The syslog-ng Superhero T-shirt was designed for open source fan geeks.
Can't wait more to get one? Simply tell us which version of syslog-ng
(OSE, PE or SSB) you use, and be our public syslog-ng reference. Please
send an email to Peter Czanik for more information and don't forget to
include your t-shirt size.;-)

T-shirt pictures on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151698258059867.609510.124671654866&type=3

T-shirt pictures on the web: http://bit.ly/ZFmmVq

SHORT NEWS:

  *

    openSUSE 12.3 was released yesterday and is the first Linux
    distribution to include syslog-ng 3.4.1

NEW RELEASES:

  *

    SSB 3F1:
    http://gyp.blogs.balabit.com/2013/03/introducing-syslog-ng-store-box-3f1/

ARCHIVE

http://insider.blogs.balabit.com/

--
Peter Czanik (CzP) <czanik at balabit.hu>
BalaBit IT Security / syslog-ng upstream