[syslog-ng] OSE 3.4(.1) block() argument parse issue

Eric Berggren eric_berggren at apple.com
Mon Mar 4 19:48:09 CET 2013

syslog-ng OSE 3.4.1 is unable to parse the "Example 5.8: Passing arguments to blocks" excerpt in the v3.4 admin guide, which exemplifies a common construct used in our current 3.2 config :

@version: 3.4

block source s_logfile (filename("messages")) {
  file("/var/log/`filename`" );
};
source s_example {
  s_logfile(filename("logfile.log"));
};

host# ./syslog-ng -s -f ./s2.conf :

Error parsing affile, syntax error, unexpected LL_IDENTIFIER in source block s_logfile at line 2, column 19:
                                                  included from /home/eberggren/proj/syslog-ng/config/s2.conf line 7, column 36

  file("/var/log/"logfile.log

3.3.8 appears to be okay with it, however (and our existing 3.2 config).

thanks,
-eric