[syslog-ng] Syslog-ng under Windows (Cygwin - copying from another pc)

Tom Doberstein t.doberstein at web.de
Mon Jun 17 14:19:45 CEST 2013

Dear Corinna,

ok the hint to the permission bits sounds reasonable. But I am a little bit
confused, because the first modules that will be loaded are syslogformat
and basicfuncs. After this the module afsocket will be loaded and produces
errors.

The machines are standalone windows installations, no active directory and
with admin privileges.

You also wrote about SIDs, which will be saved in etc directory. As I wrote
before, I copied the installation to the server and back to the same
machine and this did not work too. There could be two possibilities:
windows registry and file privileges.

At first I wanted to copy only the syslog-ng.exe from usr/sbin to the other
machine (includes the dlls of course). And then wanted to run the
application standalone. Because this did not work, I copied the whole
cygwin installation.
But I think I have to mail to the cygwin community.

If anybody has something for me, please let me know.

Bye Tom