[syslog-ng] 3.4 - degraded single threaded performance

Evan Rempel erempel at uvic.ca
Mon Jan 21 22:49:46 CET 2013

I took one of my syslog-ng 3.3 configuraiton files, which happens to read from
a named pipe (/var/local/somename) and ran version 3.4rc2 against it.

I was only able toread bout 2,000 messages/sec through the pipe.
With threaded(yes) I could read 100,000+/sec.
With syslog-ng 3.3 I could read 100,000+/sec

Is this the expected behaviour of threaded(no) with syslog-ng 3.4

I just wanted to ask prior to created the minimal config and lgging a bug report.

Evan.