[syslog-ng] tcp on syslog 2.0.x vs 3.3.x

Balazs Scheidler bazsi77 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 06:04:40 CEST 2013

Hi,

syslog-ng has always treated new lines as message terminators in the tcp() driver, even in 2.0.

what setup did you use in 2.0 and in what way was that working?

embedded newlines within messages are supported by udp(), syslog() and unix-dgram().

I started adding multi line support for the file() source driver in the current development version (3.5).

Bazsi