[syslog-ng] syslog_ng 3.3.4 make error on HPUX HPPA 11.11

Pal Tamas folti at balabit.hu
Thu May 31 11:18:06 CEST 2012

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 09:37:51AM +0200, Lennert Buytenhek wrote:
> On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 01:03:44PM +0530, Rakesh Rajasekharan wrote:
>
> > ok, I was thinking this to be some issue with the libivykis.a and thought
> > of compiling ivykis-0.26.
> > Here, in the configure stage, I get this error
> >
> > configure: error: pthreads support is required to build ivykis.
> >
> > this particular line seems to fail.
> >
> > gcc -o conftest -g -O2  -L/usr/lib conftest.c -lpthread >&5
> > /usr/ccs/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
> >    pthread_create (first referenced in /var/tmp//ccUanibt.o) (code)
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > configure:12130: $? = 1
>
> Something is definitely amiss here, it's just that I'm not sure whether
> ivykis ought to be correctly doing something to make HPUX happy that it
> currently isn't (or that this is some bug in autotools), or whether your
> installation is just screwed up -- but I'd be inclined to believe the
> latter.
Taken from BalaBit's internally used ivykis-0.20:

# AC_SEARCH_LIBS doesn't work properly on HP-UX 11.11, where pthread.h
# must be included, to link to the proper libs.
LIBS="$LIBS -lpthread"
AC_TRY_COMPILE([#include <pthread.h>],
               [pthread_mutex_t m = PTHREAD_MUTEX_INITIALIZER;],,
			                  AC_MSG_ERROR(pthreads support is required
							  to build ivykis modules.))

vimdiffing configure.ac's shows that 0.26 misses pretty much all older
UNIX specific checks. Probably we never submitted them.

--
Pal Tamas/Folti
folti at balabit.hu