[syslog-ng] Installing syslog-ng 3.3.4 OSS on multiple Centos servers

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Fri Mar 16 13:36:45 CET 2012

On Fri, 2012-02-24 at 18:00 +0530, Srinivasan Subramanian wrote:

> Hi
>

> I have a need to install syslog-ng 3.3.4 on multiple Centos servers.
>  Unfortunately i am unable to find RPMs for the newer versions and
> only find the source downloads.
>

> 1.  Any links to contributed repositories for Centos 5.x?
> 2.  Alternatively can anyone point me to Source RPMs for Centos 5.x so
> that I can at least make the RPMs myself?  Even EPEL 6 I find only
> 3.2.x source RPMs

I've ceased maintaining binaries myself for open source syslog-ng,
simply because of the lack of time. Algernon has started supplying
binaries for Debian and Ubuntu, Peter is doing work on SUSE and we've
also worked with distribution maintainers to include the
latest-and-greatest version of syslog-ng.

That's how the load is shared. I hope to get syslog-ng 3.3 in Fedora 17
soon, once the ivykis fork becomes the past (which Algernon and Lennert
was working on).

So F17 binaries are going to be the starting point for EPEL, but I'm not
sure if that's get backported for CentOS5.