[syslog-ng] Packet fragmentation issue

Sandor Geller Sandor.Geller at morganstanley.com
Tue Mar 6 11:42:02 CET 2012

Hi,

There is no syslog-ng 2.4.1 version, the last 2.x version was 2.1.4
which is pretty much obsolete. Anyway, syslog-ng and any syslog daemon
in general isn't a transport mechanism for arbitrary content so some
limitations are in place. You're using spoofing which means UDP. The
64k size limitation of a single UDP datagram is definitely a limiting
factor. What is log_msg_size in your config? How long are the lines in
the logfiles which end up splitted into multiple messages on the other
end?

Regards,

Sandor