[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 3.3.4 Coredumps on AIX 5.2

Divya Vikraman divya.divyavikram at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 13:02:03 CEST 2012

Hello ALL,

I have compiled syslog-ng 3.3.4 version using dynamic linking. But , while
trying to run syslog-ng it coredumps

#  /opt/soe/local/syslog-ng-3.3.4/sbin/syslog-ng -F
Memory fault(coredump)
#
I have compiled glib-2.19.7 with the (--enable-static and --with-libiconv)
option
After searching over the net for some possibel solutions , i found that a
possible solution for this is to use the AIX libiconv instead of the GNU
one.
If this is correct, then the issue is , glib-2 needs the GNU glib, if i try
with the system one the make fails with the below error.
"error GNU libiconv not in use but included iconv.h is from libiconv".

So, I cannot use the system libiconv as glib-2 will fail to compile and if
I use GNU libiconv syslog-ng coredumps. though, the configure and stages do
not complaing anything.

Has, anyone else faced this issue , please let me know how can I get this
working.

Best Regards,
Divya.