[syslog-ng] Building a syslog server (syslog-ng) with GUI

Yu Watanabe yu.watanabe at jp.fujitsu.com
Wed Jun 13 06:30:38 CEST 2012

Hi all!

I am planning to build a syslog server using syslog-ng,
however, not using the configuration drivers of syslog-ng.
Instead, I want to use a third party GUI that has a
filtering function and would be better if can set
actions for each fitlering. The reason for using
other GUI is that because configuration file is getting
bit complex.

So, the story is make syslog-ng gather the logs and
send it to database ( such as mysql ). The the thrid
party GUI do the filtering.

Cacti - camm plugin is one of my candidates.

It would be helpful if people in this mailing list can
give us some recommendation for the GUI.

Thanks,
Yu